Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sing

The Lord knew I needed a song. Last week, I found "The Voyage" on a new album entitled "Brave New World" by Amanda Cook. Every single time I listen to this song, I feel like the Spirit of God is speaking directly to me.

Some of us are called to do faithful work, deep and long, on the ground where we already stand. Others are called to do faithful work in a number of places, voyaging for God to usher in changes for the future.

I'm learning to be at peace with my calling. But this is a process. I'm often anxious about speaking up and making mistakes, anxious about failing, and anxious about endurance.

Here's the song: The Voyage (click to listen).


The beautiful photo of the Oregon coast was taken by our son Ben in July 2008. 
Copyright, Benjamin Frear 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment