Sunday, July 17, 2016

Stock Up

Moving is an interesting time. With a few years between moves, I forget many of the unique aspects of those months when we pack up and relocate ourselves and our possessions. One of the weird lessons I have learned through several moves is that I will injure myself in odd ways. So I need to stock up on first-aid supplies before I pack the first box. Unfortunately, I forgot my lesson, and now I am relearning it.

After packing 30 boxes, I have experienced my first odd injury of this move. I can't quite figure out what I did to my second finger on my right hand. It's red, swollen, and painful on one side. It's almost like a hangnail but not quite. I'm soaking it in warm water and Dreft, an old standby that seems to help nearly every injury.

I'm still reading and studying and doing most of my normal activities. But I'm not typing much. So this post is short!

Remember, if you're moving, stock up on first-aid supplies before you pack your first box. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment